Privacy Notice 2018
This privacy notice is published in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which formally came into effect on the 25th May 2018. This notice provides general information on the way in which the personal information you provide is managed and processed by Huish Leisure Limited. Depending on which company services you use, you may be asked to review more detailed privacy notices specific to that service.
The Data Controller and Contact Details
Huish Episcopi Academy is the Data Controller for the personal data you provide. If you wish to raise any initial concerns, you may have regarding your personal data please contact:
Centre Manager Huish Leisure Limited Wincanton Road Langport Somerset TA10 9SS
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01458 251055
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, apply for membership or another particular service or make a comment or complaint
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone call
Use of Your Personal Data
The information you have provided to Huish Leisure Limited will be used to administer your membership and will be collected when you complete a Membership Agreement. We may also obtain information about your booking and/or use of Huish Leisure Centre facilities. The information you have provided may also be shared by Huish Episcopi Academy, who provide administrative services to Huish Leisure Limited and any future provider of administration services.
Contractual use of your personal information including biometric data, which will have been provided when you made your membership application, will form part of your contract with Huish Leisure Limited as part of your membership.
The consequences of not completing the membership application forms and agreeing to this use of your personal information is that Huish Leisure Limited will be unable to process your membership.
Huish Leisure is legally able to process your personal data:
- when you have freely and explicitly provided your consent to this processing
- when Huish Leisure has a statutory duty to collect and process this information to provide the required service or undertake a statutory function
- When your personal data forms part of a contract between you and Huish Leisure
The consequence of you not providing personal information to Huish Leisure Limited is that Huish Leisure will be unable to process your enquiry, assessment or application.
Sharing of Personal Data
The information you have provided will also be shared with Gladstone MRM, and details will be passed electronically to your bank or building society for the purpose of managing your membership.
To maximise your membership experience, you can also opt in to sharing your personal data and exercise records with LifeFitness UK and future system providers.
Huish Leisure Limited may share the information you have provided to other agencies or organisations such as the Police, HM Revenues and Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) where a request has been made and it is lawful to share the information.
The information provided will be sensitively saved and destroyed according to our statutory requirements and retention policy. We will not share your information with any external party for marketing or promotional purposes.
Protecting Your Personal Data Huish Leisure Limited and its administrative services partners will keep your unpublished personal data and this will be kept secure by Huish Leisure Limited and will be kept within the European Economic Union (EEU). Where the Company uses a third party to store your personal data and it is stored outside of the
UK/EEU, the Company will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to keep your personal data secure.
Keeping Your Personal Data Huish Leisure Limited will keep your personal data in accordance with the Company’s retention schedule, unless you explicitly request it to be removed. This right to have your data removed is not an absolute right, for example, we will need to retain your data if this information forms part of a statutory or legal obligation, public registry or an existing contract.
Our website puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the Company’s site. Cookies are used to:
• measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• recognise the browser you use
• track new and returning users
You can disable cookies but this may have an impact on your experience when using the website
- Only provide personal information pertinent to its intended use or for the purpose of processing a claim, application or notification for statutory requirements (electoral roll, council tax assessment, rent registry).
- Tell us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided has changed, e.g. your address or other contact details.
Your Rights There are a number of rights that you may exercise depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why Huish Leisure Limited cannot meet these rights in full. This will be explained to you in more detail should you contact the Huish Leisure Limited for any of the reasons detailed below:
- request a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you;
- to have any inaccuracies corrected;
- to have your personal data erased;
- to place a restriction on the Company’s processing of your data;
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data to be ported (data portability).
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, in most circumstances you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and Huish Leisure Limited will act on your instructions. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or wish to discuss how to exercise your rights, you should contact the Centre Manager using the contact details above. You also have the right to make a complaint to Huish Episcopi Academy’s Business Manager (Data Protection Lead) on 01458 250501.